Thursday, August 28, 2008

'Lympics Revisited

Okay, since the post with all of John Thomas' funny words, one has me repeatedly asking, "What?" so many times that I had to tell you.

"Poo-Perrios" (the second part is pronounced like the cereal Cherrios)

In context..."Mon (come on), Mama. Play in rayroom (gameroom). Poo-Perrios."

See what I mean? Thus, the "What?"

"Mama! Poo-Peerios. Rayroom!"

"What?"

"Poo-Peerios!"

It is not until he goes and gets the basket out that I realize, "OOOOOH, super heroes!"

"Yes, Mama, poo-peerios."

2 comments:

zum the mum said...

That. Is. Hilarious. I love to play with poo peerios too!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee - these are sooo cute! When I was a little girl, I thought sure that every time I heard my dad pray, he said, "And bless all those in the hoomiddy parade." I had no idea how a hoomiddy parade might vary from a circus parade, a Disney parade, or the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but I thought sure I was supposed to pray the same way my dad did, so I always said it, too. Because my mouth had as much problem saying things as my ears had in hearing them, my parents thought I was saying it right... I prayed for all those in the hoomiddy parade every night. Finally, my speech improved and I was finally asked why I said that part of my prayers the way I used to say it when I couldn't pronounce the words right. I was totally confused! Imagine my horror when I found out there was NO hoomiddy parade... it was actually "and bless all those for whom we should pray..." ;-)