Friday, August 15, 2008

Precious Moments--Not the figurines!

Not sure how often you're supposed to post on your own blog, but had some thoughts I wanted to remember, so I'll go ahead and write two days in a row. (Embarrassed to admit, but I do frequent--okay, I'm a stalker!--a few blogs that I get disappointed if they don't post daily! Honestly, I don't think I have nearly enough interesting things to write about!)

For those of you that have very short short-term memories, let me refresh you...in the two and one-half years of John Thomas' life , we have moved from Stillwater to Owasso and Owasso to Tulsa. That means that Joshua has gone to three different schools in the last three years. To see him walking up the sidewalk to school this morning, just made my heart feel so full. He got out of the van (dressed in his camo school spirit shirt) and started walking when he saw some buddies. It was like a sea of camo and black mesh shorts! They all grinned and turned and walked in. And I thought...He belongs. I feel it and he feels it. God is good.

Back on the home front, while "Bubba" was gone, John Thomas and I spent the morning scooter-ing in the driveway, pulling weeds, playing basketball and sliding at the playground. (Oh, the overcast morning was so nice.) Once back inside, we sat on the floor in his room and read books and played train. There were no interuptions, no rowdy craziness, not even a furrowed brow (JT has mastered that look lately). It. Was. Delightful. And the Lord made me very conscious of my precious time alone with my second born.

1 comment:

zum the mum said...

2 days in a row and you even have a link list! Girl...you're good.

I'm so glad you had a good day and that you had quality time with John Thomas. It's amazing how much time you can spend with your children when your sister isn't talking your ear off on the phone!!!