Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Whatever Works...

I have always been a big believer in putting up one thing before you get out another. Both boys know this, and it has been taught and reinforced since "day one". Nonetheless, this morning I made an exception. (Yes, I actually was flexible about something!) The reason for the exception to the rule: MY. HOUSE. IS. A. PIT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


On non-preschool days, John Thomas and I have gotten in the habit of playing for long periods of time in the game room after taking Bubba to school. This morning was no different, however, after shooting nerf guns, making a fort, and watching parts of Nemo (for the 100th time this week!), I HAD to get at least the upstairs cleaned. Thus, the "whatever works" title.


As I diligently scrubbed both tubs and all three vanities (I love all the bathrooms until it's time to clean!), I kept poking my head in and checking on him. Every time I did, I noticed more "stuff" was out. I was so tempted to use my mommy voice and inform him of the rule and commence to guiding him to clean up. However, the nastiness of the rest of the house outweighed the game room mess by a mile, so I didn't say a word.


About 40 stuffed animals. 63 hotwheels, Bubba's basket of Star Wars guys (shhhh, don't tell JK!) and 10 footballs later, I have my head in a toilet when JT comes and asks me to push the button on his stick horse (it plays the Lone Ranger music and a trotting sound). I turned around to see this:

He still had on his Superman jammies, but had added a TU stocking cap and Tulsa Drillers sweat bands! --Ride 'em, cowboy...or Superman, baseball player, TU fan boy! All I could do was giggle. He was happy, I got to clean...whatever works!

No comments: