Tuesday, October 7, 2008

One Hump or Two?

Before I post, I should explain the humor I find in the title...I can't exactly remember the story in perfect detail, but it goes something like this: My grandmother and grandfather were riding along in the car and my grandmother insists that she saw a camel! (This is where my memory fades.--Was it walking along the side or what?!). Anyway, my grandfather NOT having seen the camel and in total disbelief, begins to harrass her. She is quite adament and is getting frustrated with him. In trying to act like a supportive husband he asks, "Well, did it have one hump or two?" You may not find this funny, but we are warped and found it quite humorous and have used this phrase many times over the years!


Now the point of my post...The boys, Nanny (Kirk's mom) and I went to the pumpkin patch over the weekend. The boys were most excited about it, and it did not disappoint! Here is a brief photo synopsis:
We saw rabbits, chicks, roosters, hens, turkeys, pigs, donkeys, and KANGAROOS!
He are the boys looking at the goats. Notice who is standing closer...one goat stuck his head out and almost bit John Thomas' hand! He still patted him later! (The big boy...not so much!)
I felt like I needed to sing the OBU alma mater when we saw the bison!

John Thomas' horse was named Cherokee. JT thought this was great fun even though the picture doesn't look like it!

Here is Joshua on "Stormy". For the first time, he was excited and anxious to ride! He did great!

To answer the question...One hump! How crazy is this? My boys rode a camel! They both loved it!


Oh yeah, we picked out some pretty great pumpkins while we were there too! (That is a stuffed scarecrow behind them, not me!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww, come on now, you know those lovely legs belong to you!! Your mom gave birth to you, sweetheart, she knows they are not!

I love you!

You did decorate my porch with pumpkins while I am gone didn't you?