Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Fall Free Days"

Once again, I must giggle at the title. As I am aging, I can't quite remember if that is what we called the break at OBU, or that is just what I called it when I was at OBU. Nonetheless, my mom and sister always fell out in the floor when I said that instead of "Fall Break" and harrassed me unmercifully!

Enough rambling about things that humor only me..."Fall Break" couldn't have come at a better time. The boys and I desperately needed some down time, and the days off definitely provided that! To start off, the Lord provided some GLORIOUS weather throughout the entire break.--It. Was. Perfect. Add to that lots of outside playtime, eating, and cousins and you've got yourself some GOOD TIMES! For a play-by-play, keep reading...
On Wednesday, the boys and I stayed in our jammies most of the morning. We made muffins and painted pumpkins. (Notice I said "painted".--Can't do the carving thing. Not talented or strong enough and have an aversion to the texture of the goo inside. The smell's not so great either!) Over the years, Joshua has gone from painting normal jack-o-lantern faces to Frankenstein and spiders, to football helmets. So, this year's pumpkins came as no surprise...That night the whole big family met at Applebee's to eat together and support Kirk during his radio show. Afterwards, we all went back to Nana and Grandaddy's and played and took baths, etc.

Thursday morning Lucy and I took the kiddos to the donut shop to eat breakfast and to let Karson pick out/order her birthday donuts.--Hard to believe she's going to be 5! When we got back to Nana's, we decorated a real gingerbread haunted house, did Halloween crafts together, jumped on the trampoline, and just had some good play time.
It was game night for Union, but we were playing in Choctaw, so the boys and I didn't travel. Instead the whole family went to eat at On the Border and came home to listen to it on the radio. We bathed the kids, put the little ones down and listened to the Redskins swat the fire out of the Yellowjackets! Joshua and Karson were so good to play by themselves the whole game!

Since we had a long weekend and an easier opponent, Daddy was able to come home by noon on Friday! What a blessing! He spent most of the afternoon in the backyard smoking some unbelievable ribs, chicken and brisket. Because he had to keep watch over the cooking, the boys had him all to themselves outside all day! That night, the big family came over and enjoyed a great meal together, compliments of "Pit Master"! (Oh, Daddy did come to the front yard long enough to put up the boys' inflatable scarecrow. JT was most excited!)


It was so great to wake up Saturday morning and have Daddy at home. The day was gorgeous and we took advantage of it! We scootered and played basketball, passed the football and frisbie, played on the playground and just had an all around good time.

To top off the great weekend, we all got showered and dressed and headed to the TU game. We got there early and ate out on the lawn. What a festive atmosphere and a great game! It turned cool and the Hurricane turned it on! It was so fun to be there as a family, and the boys were great.


Just to show how relaxing the break was for me...Kirk was able to convince me not to wash off the boys' TU tatoos before church on Sunday morning! Oh, Fall Free Days...

2 comments:

zum the mum said...

I had forgotten about "Fall Free Days"! I had to chuckle all over again! Funny stuff.

Unknown said...

You and your "Fall Free Days" they were actually on the OBU calendar!!!!

MOM