Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Randomness...

Again, I warn...much randomness!
How many happy meal toys can one household contain? Oh, my goodness!--I just cleaned out and threw away an entire trash bag full! Praise the Lord (literally) for preschool. JK's desk and nightstand drawers have been haunting me for months. Anytime he opens them around John Thomas, I cringe. It's like opening Pandora's box! I see JT's eyes light up and know that he will go back later and start dragging all that "stuff" out! Needless to say, once I dropped him off, I went straight to work! All finished! Joshua might even be able to sit at his desk and work on one of the many "projects" he likes to do. (All of which will be shoved into those drawers for me to clean out again in a few months!)


Another random thought...Isn't it amazing how much we try to protect our kiddos from things, and many times we end up making things worse? Joshua had his first flag football game of the season on Saturday. It had rained a lot that morning and we weren't playing on the turf this game. It was cooler and so John Thomas had on jeans and a hoodie. When we got to the field, the gate area was a mud bog! Mind you I was carrying my camera, rain gear for JT and me, a very large golf umbrella, and my folding chair, all the while trying to hold John Thomas' hand and steer him clear of the big puddles. When I saw the terrible gate situation, I decided that I needed to carry JT through the gate. Well, guess what? In my efforts to keep him nice and clean, I get through the mess and promptly drop him in the mud while trying to put him down! I had to leave all my stuff, tell the boys not to move (and JT NOT to touch anything) and go back to the van for wipes! The Lord blessed me because a lot of it came off and was only on his hands and the knees of his jeans. Gotta love good intentions!
Daddy came over from work to watch JK's game. He even wore blue!
Joshua is fourth from the right, looking VERY focused!

Here he is in action...#24! Great form! (He did score a touchdown on the first play of the game. We threw a pass, he caught it and took off down the field to the endzone!)

Here's an interesting thought...our roofing materials are supposed to be delivered this afternoon. Removal and reroofing won't begin until next week or possibly the next. Since the supplies sit in a LARGE stack on your driveway, it blocks you from utilizing one whole side of your garage. With all the storms predicted in the next week, let's pray Kirk's truck doesn't get hail damage while we're waiting to get our roof repaired from hail damage!


Last of the random thoughts...while in Target yesterday purchasing a $40 halloween costume (yes, Joshua has to earn it), I saw fall floral leggings in the junior/women's dept.! Oh, my goodness...that is a blast from the past that really wasn't a blast when we were in the past! You've got to be kidding me! I know I am rarely all put together and in-style these days, but this is one time I won't mind!

2 comments:

zum the mum said...

I guess I'll have to take back those floral leggings I bought you for Christmas. And I was so excited about it too!

Tracey said...

We were allgoing to look great in the matching florals melissa had picked out, guess we'll move to fashion B. Tell Joshua he is an awesome football player. We are very proud. Tell Kirk congrats on the win against Jenks last night, I know things are better around your house this weekend than last. Love to all, TR