Sunday, October 18, 2009

This and That

We've been on Fall Break for the past few days, so I'll post the annual pumpkin patch pictures soon. But just a few funny ones for me to remember years from now...

1) I was sitting at one of Joshua's football practices (which was cold and rainy and dark AGAIN!) last week, when one of the moms (she has a son on the team, but also has a younger daughter that always plays with J.T. at practice) looked over and said..."K brought Jesus." OK.... "She wanted to share with John Thomas." OK...Then K comes over carrying something to J.T. CHEESE-ITS!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, with all the umbrellas and hoodies and wind, etc. I misunderstood her! But, so glad she's raising her child to share Jesus with her friends! We've had to chuckle since.--"Jesus" came with her to the game on Saturday as well!

2) Joshua got to go to the lake with Nanny and Gramps yesterday following his game. When we got to the van after getting him off, there were two TU flags tucked in my door handle....Gramps! When we got home, JT opened one and unrolled it. He was elated and began alternately waving it and poking me in the eye! As we got ready for a bath later, I took off his shirt. Immediately, he grabbed his flag and began running down the hall yelling, "Go Hurricane!" Ok, love the school spirit, but trying to get a shower and get to bed now! I tried to get him to put down the flag and get undressed, but he continued to hollar and run about. He knew I was getting frustrated, so to justify his enthusiasm, he explained, "I'm like the boys at Daddy's field!" It took me a minute, but then it registered...there are three students that run out of the tee-pee and across the field after every touchdown with flags...U-H-S...you guessed it--wearing no shirts! (Just FYI--they are all boys!)

3) On the way home from church today, we were talking about what J.T. learned and what songs he sang, etc. Somehow in the middle of the conversation, birthdays came up. "Mom, Joshua and Gramps have their birthday together." "Yes, Sweetheart. Their birthdays are on the same day." "I want mine to be the same as Gramps' next time.":)