Monday, October 12, 2009

My little man...

Obviously, I haven't had time to post in quite awhile.--I know, what's new, huh? I have to remind myself, though that the original purpose of this blog was for me to jot down special or funny things so I wouldn't forget them as the kiddos grew up. Thus, the following:

One day a few weeks ago, John Thomas, Joshua and I were longingly thinking back about the summer. The beach came up and then the lake. We talked about playing "Wipe Out" on the inflatibles in the water, Joshua skiing, both of them tubing, and then JT started this line of conversation...

JT: "Next summer I am going to ride "Pinky" with Mom and you can ride "Fum" with Dad.

Josh/Me: "Fum"?

NOTE: We have 2 waverunners at the lake. One is an older model and it is white and burgundy. For some reason, we have always referred to it as "Pinky". The other one is a much newer model. It goes VERY fast and is white with a dark green almost black color.

JT: Yes! "You and Dad will ride 'Fum'!"

Josh: What are you talking about?!

JT: Getting exasperated..."I WILL RIDE 'PINKY' AND YOU WILL RIDE 'FUM'!!!!!!!"

I hit me..."Pinky" and "Thumb"!!!! I thought to myself...surely Gramps has taught him this as a joke. Nope!--I called and asked. JT came up with this all on his own. Made sense to him!