Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Jenks Week"

For as long as I can remember there has been a "Jenks Week". Being a graduate of Jenks High School and former Jenks teacher, it was always the week that Jenks played Union in football. Once I met my husband and "saw the light and came over to the other side" (as he describes my conversion experience), it became the week that Union plays Jenks! Anyway, it is a STRESSFUL, but exciting week of anticipation on my part and exhausting preparation on Kirk's part. All of this to preface my conversation at Sport Clips today after school with John Thomas while he was getting his hair cut.

Me: John Thomas, who is going to win the game tomorrow night?
JT: I took my alligator to school for show and tell today.
Me: Yes, I know. Who is going to win the football game tomorrow night?
JT: Brett Favre plays for the Vikings.
Me: Yes, Mrs. B told me that you told her all about Brett at preschool today. Do you think the Redskins will win the game?
JT: Ummmm...Daddy's boys are gonna win, but Tate (his preschool buddy) likes "The Jenks"!


Obviously, we have some serious A.D.D. issues to deal with, but 1) my 3 year old is having conversations about the upcoming football games with his little friends, and 2) he's educating his teachers about the NFL and its many icons! You should have seen his teacher's face when she was telling me.--She had no idea that his daddy was a football coach! "The Jenks"...I am still giggling about that one! GO SKINS!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'll be there in spirit. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. they play at Skelly and I go to the game Union loses. So...I'll be watching on tv. It's so exciting to get to see my brother-in-law play this year! I'd hate to make them lose Ben's senior year! :)